Industrial Air Compressors
If you’re looking to buy an air compressor, you can rely on Cleveland Compressed Air Services for a high-quality and tailored industrial air compressor solution.
We’ve assembled an incredible range of the world’s finest air compressors for sale, enabling us to provide the greatest value compressed air system for virtually every industry across Australia.
Cleveland Compressed Air Services have the capability to design, supply and install an entire industrial air compressor system in one turnkey package to suit your individual requirements.
Not sure what specific air compressor equipment you require? Not a problem!
Our comprehensive air auditing service will see a Cleveland industrial air compressor expert visit your site and determine the optimum system arrangement, saving you both time and money.
If you believe there is no substitute for quality, get in touch with the Cleveland team to maximise the performance and lifespan on your compressed air solution. Together, we can increase the reliability, efficiency and growth of your business.
What’s the Difference Between a Piston & Screw Compressor?
One of the first questions you need to ask when looking to purchase an air compressor is whether you need a piston or screw compressor. Each compressor is very different in design and are often used for different applications.
Piston Air Compressor
- • Cheaper upfront cost than its counterpart, however, it has higher maintenance costs.
- • Great for short-term or intermittent domestic and light industrial use.
- • Usually smaller in weight and size.
- • Operates intermittently and therefore it is not good in situations where you need a constant flow of air.
- • Only requires simple maintenance.
Screw Air Compressor
- • Higher upfront cost but lower maintenance costs over its lifetime.
- • Provides a high volume of constant compressed air.
- • More popular for regular industrial applications.
- • Not suitable for use in short bursts.
- • Operates at a much lower temperature than a piston compressor.
Is an Oil Lubricated or Oil-Free Air Compressor Better for Me?
Oil-free compressors usually cost more and last for a shorter amount of time. However, in a situation where you need a completely oil-free environment (such as big food factories due to chances of contamination), they are the only option. Here are a few key points to consider when deciding which type of compressor is right for you.
Oil Lubricated Air Compressor
- • Often quieter in operation.
- • Not suitable when you need a completely oil-free environment due to its oil carryover.
- • Most common screw compressor.
- • Will last much longer than oil-free screw compressors.
- • Be sure to view Cleveland Compressed Air Services’ range of quality oil-lubricated air compressors.
Oil-Free Air Compressor
- • Generally more expensive.
- • Provides 100% oil-free air.
- • More expensive servicing and repairs.
- • Lower life expectancy.
- • Be sure to view Cleveland Compressed Air Services’ range of quality oil-free air compressors.